Through our 2015 Children's Christmas musical The Light Has Come, our children will share the Christmas story through song, dance, and narration... all to celebrate the birthday of our Savior!
Open to all children age 5 and up. (Special Pre-K option available for 3- and 4-year olds.)
Performance will be during the family & children’s Christmas worship service on the evening of Wednesday, December 23.
Scroll down for the sign-up form!
Important Information about this year's children's Christmas Pageant:
- Rehearsals will be primarily during Wonderful Wednesdays (Oct. 7 - Dec. 9), from 6-6:30pm.
- Special dress rehearsals will be Wednesday, Dec. 16 from 6-7pm and Sunday, Dec. 20 after worship. These two rehearsals are very important to attend!
- Each household with children participating in the Christmas pageant will receive a listening CD to help learn the songs. The CDs cost the church $10 per CD. If you are able to contribute toward that cost, please consider donating that amount toward the Christmas pageant funds. (NOTE: CDs will be given one per household, not one per child. Additional CDs available for purchase.)
- AUDITIONS for speaking parts and solos will be held during regular rehearsal times. Speaking Part auditions will be held on Wednesday, October 21. Vocal Solo auditions will be held Wednesday, October 28. Auditions for Dance Solos will be held on Wednesday, November 4. Every child will have a role in the Christmas pageant – auditions will only determine speaking parts and solo assignments. Memorization for the speaking audition is required. Download this audition sheet for audition lines and more information: Christmas Pageant Audition Info
- CHANGES FOR 2015:
- Children must be at least 5 years old to participate in the program. A mini-program for 3- and 4-year-olds will be offered as well (subject to enough interest). The mini-program participants will also perform on December 23.
- We will not be able to accommodate bathroom breaks during the rehearsals, so please make sure your child has gone to the bathroom before rehearsal start time (6pm). To help facilitate this process, we will ring a “potty reminder bell” at 5:50pm each evening!
- Parents and other adults (who are not serving on the Children’s Christmas team) may not sit in on rehearsals. We ask that parents/guardians stay out of the rehearsal rooms and out of the children’s sight during rehearsal (i.e. not in balcony or behind glass windows of sanctuary). It is important that all children participating be able to make it through the half-hour rehearsal without their parents or guardians present. If that’s not possible, they may not be ready to participate this year.
To sign-up your children for the pageant, please fill out the form below by Sunday, October 4. Questions? Contact Pastor Mary Dicken or any member of the Christmas pageant team – Kendra Claycomb, Kaleena McCormick, and Dana Wyant. We are so excited about this year's Christmas program and can't wait to start working with your children!