Full-Time Minister of Music and Worship ARts
With a passion for Jesus Christ, as well as a heart and vision for excellent worship and music, the Minister of Music and Worship Arts will nurture the worship life and faith development of the congregation and individuals within and beyond our ministry.
Hours and Compensation
This is a full-time, salaried position. The hours for this position are to be worked in accordance with the needs of the ministry. This position includes two weeks paid time off. A healthcare stipend is negotiable. After initial hiring evaluation period, evaluations will be performed annually. After one year of employment IRA contributions will be provided.
This position is accountable to the Senior Pastor and Staff Parish Relations Committee. The Minister will work collaboratively with the Senior Pastor and the Worship Planning Team to plan and craft worship experiences that bring people into the presence of God and support our mission “to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world”. Music and Worship Arts Ministry is accomplished in cooperation with many groups and individuals in the life of the church.
· Assist in the development of worship services throughout the year-- including the plan to expand the styles of worship, the kinds of music, and the use of drama and media.
· Choose music and prepare & lead weekly rehearsals for the Chancel Choir, Hand Bell Choirs, Praise Teams and other ensemble groups that are developed throughout the year; provide direction and work collegially with instrumentalists; provide accompaniment for the Chancel & Children’s choirs, and other situations as needed and not served by organist.
· Nurture lay leadership within the music and worship ministry of the church and encourage the development of musical ability within the ministry.
· Chair the Worship Planning Committee with the Senior Pastor alongside other ministry volunteers to plan and design worship that develops disciples and brings the worshipping community into the presence of God.
· Craft an annual budget request for the Worship and Music Ministries of CUMC for presentation to the Finance committee.
· Encourage congregants and others from outside the church to participate in the music ministries at CUMC and also to take the experience of worship out into the community; connect the worship and music ministry of Community United Methodist Church with the larger community.
· Collaborate with children’s ministry, youth ministry and CUMC Preschool to develop ways to further involve these age groups in the worship services and in the larger ministry of the church, including leading and supporting children’s and youth individuals, groups and ensembles as needed.
· Work with our volunteer Sound and Audio Techs and Decorating Team to develop sound and visual experiences that enhance the worship experience; communicate what audio/visual equipment is required for weekly worship & special services.
· Oversee the care of the church’s musical instruments—tuning, repair and cleaning as needed.
· A strong faith in Jesus Christ and solid Christian character
· Desire to share one’s faith and ministry with others
· Background through education and/or experience in music performance and direction
· Skilled in conducting and music instruction
· Vocal skills to lead congregational singing
· Keyboard skills to accompany singers and musicians
· Competency in leading both traditional and contemporary sacred music, including Praise Teams and blended worship
· Appreciation and knowledge of varied styles of worship music
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work well with a team and offer an empathetic, faithful presence to the congregation
If you are interested in applying, please send your Resume with cover letter to our Staff-Parish RElations Chairperson, Herschel Biehl at email@example.com