Youth Ministries Director
The purpose of CUMC Youth Ministry Director is to transform the lives of the youth and their families for Jesus Christ by developing, implementing, and directing effective ministry to encourage and enable spiritual maturity in the lives of middle and high school youth. By modeling the love of Jesus Christ the Director will show this love through interactions with the youth and their families.
Hours and Compensation
This position is part-time with a salaried rate of pay. The hours for this position will typically be 20-24 hrs/week, but more hours may need to be worked some weeks in accordance with the needs of the ministry. After initial hiring evaluation period, evaluations will be performed annually.
This position is accountable to the Senior Pastor, youth council and Staff-Parish Relations Committee with direct supervision by the Senior Pastor. Youth Ministry is accomplished in cooperation with these persons and other church staff and volunteers.
The Youth Ministry Director will oversee and coordinate all aspects of Youth Ministry, including:
DISCIPLESHIP — LEADERSHIP — SAFETY — ADMINISTRATION
For more detailed responsibilities contact Chelsea Thomas
● Must be a Christian who confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior through their actions and lifestyle.
● Exhibit a commitment to the mission of Community United Methodist Church: “to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world” and take seriously the responsibility for the health & safety of youth and their spiritual development
● Must have a positive outlook and be an encourager to youth and families
● Possess a strong knowledge of Scripture, young adult development, & understanding of young adult’s faith development process
● Computer literate, with knowledge of Internet and Microsoft Office preferred
● Possess excellent communication and relational skills using appropriate mediums (eg. email, telephone, letters, face-to-face conversation)
● Possess strong organizational and administrative skills
● Flexibility to a variety of changing events, schedules, and priorities
● Must submit to and pass background screening
For question or to apply contact Chelsea Thomas
pRAYER AND pRAISE TEAM LEAD TEACHER
The purpose of the Prayer and Praise Team Lead Teacher is to assist in the nurture, care, and spiritual feeding of children in a Children’s Worship setting as a wholesome example of a believer in Jesus Christ, sharing one’s faith with children and their families through worship and the Word of God.
Hours and Compensation
This position is part-time during worship on Sunday mornings as well as preparation before and clean up after worship. The compensation is weekly by session. The hours can vary week to week according to the ministry and level of preparation needed. After initial hiring period, evaluations will be performed annually.
This position is accountable to the Senior Pastor, Children’s Ministry Council and Staff-Parish Relations Committee. Prayer and Praise Children’s Worship is accomplished in cooperation with these persons and other church staff and volunteers.
Teaching children ranging in ages from 3-11 years old during church worship time on Sunday mornings through worship, music, prayer, offering and Biblical illustration.
For more detailed responsibilities and to apply contact Chelsea Thomas